About Bradly McGarr
I live in central Shakopee with my wife, Beth, our daughter Annabelle, and two fun and bouncy labradors, Elsie and Paige. We relocated to Shakopee just over 3 years ago from Colorado to be closer to family, and landed in Shakopee when Beth accepted a position with Southwest Metro Intermediate School District as a Teacher of the Visually Impaired. At the time I was transferred to the St. Paul office of Intel Security, a division of Intel Corporation. That office, however, was closed down at the end of 2017. After working with Intel Security, I decided I wanted to work closer to home, some place technology related, but where I could make a difference. I accepted a position as a Technology Assistant and Paraeducator with Shakopee Public Schools, and now proudly support the students and staff at Red Oak Elementary!
After over a decade of work in the private sector, I can say that the positive atmosphere of Red Oak is a huge benefit. Red Oak is a microcosm of the rest of the city: a diverse city with overwhelming potential, and with an overall positive environment.
As a City Councilor, I want to help foster that overwhelming potential, help Shakopee retain it’s charm and identity, and help make this city the best place for all of us to live and thrive.
– Currently a Technology Assistant & Paraeducator for Shakopee Public Schools serving the wonderful staff and student community at Red Oak Elementary, and proudly a member of Minnesota School Employees Association union.
– Previously employed by Intel Corp/Intel Security (Formerly McAfee) as a Technology Security Support Engineer, supporting enterprise-grade network security products for corporations and governments the world over.
- Metro SKYWARN Spotter (a volunteer storm spotter working with the National Weather Service Office in Chanhassen).
- Licensed amateur radio operator.
- Member, Shakopee Parks, Recreation, Trails & Open Space Steering Committee.
- Steering Committee Representative for Minnesota Valley TCDSA.
- Rocky Mountain Medical Reserve Corps of Colorado, Volunteer Webmaster
- Littleton/Englewood Community Emergency Response Team, Colorado
- Denver/Boulder National Weather Service SKYWARN – Arapahoe County
- Secretary of the Board of Trustees, Prairie UU Church, Parker, Colorado
- Chelan County Fire District No. 1, Wenatchee, Washington – Information Technology & Support
- Grand Canyon Chapter American Red Cross Valley North Disaster Action Team, including support operations for Hurricane Katrina (Red Cross Call Center, Local Disaster Response while other teams were directly supporting Hurricane Katrina missions).
- American Legion Evergreen Boys’ State Alumni
Training & Certifications
- CompTIA Security+, Network+, and A+ certified Network Security Technician
- Microsoft Certified Professional, Microsoft Technology Associate
- CIW Web Foundations Associate web standards certification
- Technician Class Amateur Radio Operator, GMRS Licensee
- FEMA NIMS (National Incident Management System) Training and Experience
- FEMA\Colorado Department of Homeland Security led Public Information Officer training
- LUSAR (Light Urban Search & Rescue) training and practical experience